STEAMED WHOLE SNAPPER STEEPED IN GARLIC, GINGER AND SHALLOTS RECIPE
1 whole snapper (about 1.2kg) or barramundi
50ml light soy
1 tbsp lime juice and the zest finely chopped.
sea salt and white pepper
½ bunch coriander leaves picked and washed
1. Preheat the oven for 160 degrees and place a dish in the bottom of the oven with water to create steam that may need to fill back up when fish goes in.
2. Ensure fish has been appropriately cleaned, scaled and gutted. Make three incisions on both sides of the fish middle body. Rub the fish entirely with the paste to ensure it also gets inside the incisions as well. Season both sides with a bit of salt. Arrange the prepared fish on a piece of lightly oiled baking paper and place it in the middle rack of the oven. Close the oven and don’t open the oven.
3. Cook the fish for approx 20 mins or until the fish flakes easily when tested with a fork in the thickest part.
4. Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing the oil, soy, sweet and lime zest and juice—season with salt and white pepper to taste.
5. Please remove it from the oven/steamer when the fish is ready and carefully transfer the whole fish onto a large serving platter. Garnish with coriander and serve with a simple salad.