Grilled BBQ Tofu Burgers with Onion Rings
REP TIME 5 mins
COOK TIME 10 mins
100g TFC Smokey BBQ Sauce
500g Firm Tofu, Drained
1 Large Onion, Thinly Sliced in Rounds
1 Small Avocado, Halved, Stone Removed
2. Lebanese Cucumber, Peeled into Ribbons
- Combine the Smokey BBQ Sauce and ginger in a shallow rectangular dish. Cut the tofu in half crossways then in half horizontally to make 4 pieces. Turnover in the marinade. Cover. Set aside in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Coat onion rings lightly in flour Add the onion to the oil. Cover and cook till golden brown. Remove. Set aside.
- Wipe the frying pan clean. Heat the remaining oil over medium heat. Remove the tofu from the marinade. Cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden.
- Toast the bread. Spread the avocado flesh over half of the bread slices. Top with the cucumber, tofu and onion. Serve with the bread lid on the side and extra BBQ sauce, if desired.